Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Busboys and Poets - More than a place to eat...



Sarah and I recently had dinner at Busboys and Poets in Shirlington, Virginia. Our daughter and daughter-in-law introduced us to this unique place. In addition to great food and a unique atmosphere, you are exposed to the creative arts, peace advocacy and ideas about environmental sustainability. These themes come from the life and writings of Langston Hughes.

During dinner a slide show of quotes was projected on a large wall. One of the quotes caught my attention and captured what I sometimes feel when I am weary or discouraged:


There are times when I think I can’t go on. Then I look in to the face of a child and… I change my mind.







2 comments:

  1. I get it and I am glad you have found inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site, Russ. My cousin, Joyce (Charron) Disbrow sent it to me. Well done. Know you and this wonderful ministry will be in my prayers. Keep up the good work.
    Blessings of peace, joy and much love,
    Sister Michelle Sherliza, OP
    Dominican Sisters of Peace
    Watertown, Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete