Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Party Every Friday



September 19, 2013

When I heard this story yesterday, I had to push back tears of gratitude for the Good Neighbors’ programs. To give you a little background information, Good Neighbors provides weekend backpacks to the enrichment day campers (as well as summer school students) every Friday during camp. These backpacks are filled with food for the weekend and a new book.  Thank you to Pende for sharing this story with us! 
- Lisa 

“I was a Good Neighbors’ Reading Buddy [at the enrichment day camp] with a young boy around 7 years old and it was a Friday (backpack day). He was really wiggly and I finally asked him why he was so excited.  He told me they were ‘having a party’ at his house that night! I said ‘a party?’  He said ‘Yes!’  [Every Friday during camp] his granny would come over and ‘we all get to eat!’  Breaks your heart.” - Pende

No comments:

Post a Comment