Friday, September 27, 2013

Response to "I wrote it in Greek for you"


I recently posted a reflection from one of our 2013 interns, ChloƩ Benner, about her special relationship with one of the children. This same reflection was published in our current newsletter. When the principal of Buddy's school read the reflection she sent me the following message. Her's is another message that affirms the impact the Good Neighbors program has on children.

"I can't begin to express my gratitude for the SML Good Neighbors summer program. I have for the past four summers benefited from the program for my Huddleston students. Today my gratitude is heightened ten fold. Your newsletter arrived today and the story about "my" Buddy moved me to tears. You see, most people see him as hard to love, intolerable, difficult and a problem child."

"For someone on your staff to see him as I do made my heart leap with joy. I am beyond thankful for the SML Good Neighbors program."

"You will never realize the impact that you are making on so many lives."

Aprille

The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment